Dr. Tanja White has been in the healthcare field for over 15 years and is passionate about helping her patients find the root cause of their issues and resolving them as quickly and effectively as possible. She prides herself in being a doctor of physiology first and foremost. She teaches patients that, much like a car, the body will eventually break down when its basic functions are out of balance and not supported. When we respect the inner workings of our bodies, we have the potential to optimize our health, prevent disease and live a long and healthy, symptom-free life.
Although there is no limit to Dr. White’s interest in health conditions, she does have a strong interest and expertise in treating some specific conditions.
- Gastrointestinal Health: indigestion, abdominal pain, chronic bloating, diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, celiac disease, acid reflux, food sensitivities, candida overgrowth.
- Thyroid Imbalances: hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, hashimoto’s thyroiditis, subclinical hypothyroid.
- Adrenal fatigue: stress management and treatment
- Pain management and resolution: acute and chronic pain, whiplash, frozen shoulder, sciatica, knee injuries, trigger point injections, migraines and headaches.
- Women’s health: treating cervical dysplasia with escharotic treatment, PAP smears, PCOS, PMS, painful periods, menstrual irregularities, adrenal insufficiency/fatigue, fertility, sexually transmitted infections, breast health, fibrocystic breasts, endometriosis, fibroids, yeast infections, bacteria vaginosis, anxiety, stress, weight management, insomnia and sleep disorder.
- Teenage Health: mood imbalances, digestive concerns, headaches, amenorea (absences of period) paniful, irregular and heavy periods.
- Pediatrics: digestive concerns, constipation, colic, allergies, sleep concerns, skin conditions (eczema, rashes), behavioral concerns such as ADHD, asthma, food introduction education/schedule, colds/flu, infections
- Peri-Menopause & Menopause: hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood imbalances, fatigue, bone health, poor memory, and low libido.
- Men’s Health: hormone imbalances, low libido, prostate issues, mental health and stress management.
- Skin: eczema, psoriasis, acute or chronic hives, acne.
- IV Therapies: to help with digestive compromise (IBS, indigestion, crohn’s, colitis), adrenal insufficiency, fatigue, chronic stress, recurrent and acute colds/flus.
- Biofeedback, electrodermal and biokinseology testing: vega and total body modification.
- Hormone and Neurotransmitter Testing & Evaluation: assessment of hormone and neural transmitter imbalances through saliva, serum, blood, and/or urine testing. To name a few, these include comprehensive thyroid panel, comprehensive female hormone panel (estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, cortisol), 4 point adrenal stress testing, and comprehensive neurotransmitter testing.
- Laboratory Testing: female & male hormone panels, thyroid testing, adrenal function testing, environmental allergy testing, food sensitivity testing, heavy metal toxicity testing, blood type testing.
Dr. White is passionate about research and learning new ways of deepening her understanding of the physiology of the body to better help her patients get to the root cause of their problems. Her additional training and certifications are in the following:
- Pharmaceutical Prescribing License
- Bowen Therapy An introduction to the Bowen Technique – YouTube
- Escharotic therapy for the treatment of Cervical Dysplasia
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or Tapping)
- Wilson Temperature (Thyroid) syndrome
- Total Body Modification (TBM) Introduction to Total Body Modification – ENGLISH – YouTube
- Neural Emotional Technique (NET) Neuro Emotional Technique Introduction – YouTube
- Board Certified Acupuncture
- Bio-identical Hormones
- IV Nutrient Therapy
- Neural Therapy
- Heavy Metal Chelation Therapy
Dr. White believes strongly in doctor as teacher and therefore takes the time in her appointments with patients to teach them the, “Why’s and What’s” of what she asks them to do. She also dedicates time to develop and teach nutrition and a master class in the treatment of Cervical Dysplasia at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. White is the mother of two lovely daughters 9 and 14 years old. Not only does she draw on her experiences as a Mother when she is working with her patients of all ages, but she also understands what it is like to be a busy Mom trying to meet all the demands in life. In her spare time, Dr White loves to be in the kitchen (creating healthy meals for her family while listening to podcasts on health and wellness) or outside in the forest or at the beach walking and running with her dog.
Dr. White earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and graduated with Distinction. She is a graduate of the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster, BC. Her license as a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) is with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC) and she is a member of the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA).